Win93 Grid Controls
Copyright © 2002 Don Starr - All Rights
Reserved, portions by Ken Plotkin, Bill Petrowsky
Questions or comments- email: Win93@starrsoft.com
This document describes the usage of Win93's "Grid Controls" - the lists of data
on the Channels, CB/Marine, and SRn pages where you enter alpha tags, frequencies, etc.
A major gripe that I had with the way Win93 (and its predecessor, Win92) worked
was the number of mouse clicks required to change any alpha tag or frequency data.
I wanted it to work more like a spreadsheet: click on a cell and start typing, then
use the TAB or arrow keys to move to a new cell. The new Grid Controls finally do
Here are the major functions of the Grid Controls:
- A single click on a cell will select that cell's row.
- A double click on a cell will select that cell's row
and will begin editing the clicked cell.
- The cell that currently has "focus" (the one that
will be edited if you begin typing) will have a thin border around it. This
will be a black border if the cell is not selected, and will likely be a white
border if the cell is selected.
- If you begin typing while a cell has the "focus"
border, you will start editing that cell.
- You may move between cells with the TAB (or
SHIFT-TAB) and arrow keys.
- If a column is full of "checkboxes" (Delay,
Attenuation, or Lockout):
- Clicking on the column's header will toggle the
state of the first item in that column, then will make all the rest of the
items look like the first item.
- If you select multiple rows then click on one of the selected items'
checkboxes, the item you clicked will be toggled, then all of the other
selected items will change to match the clicked item.
- To edit the Channels page's RxMode column without
using the mouse, just press the first letter of the desired receive mode while
the cell has the input focus. For example you could edit channel 02's alpha
tag, TAB to frequency, type the frequency, TAB to RxMode, and press M to
select the MOTOROLA receive mode.
- If a checkbox cell currently has the input focus, you
can toggle it by pressing the space bar.
- The height of the rows in the lists is configurable. There is a new choice
in the Configuration menu called "User Interface". Selecting that will bring
up a dialog box that lets you set the row height. Your setting will be saved
(like the column widths).